Founded in 1950, Callon Petroleum Company is an independent oil and natural gas company focused on growing production and reserves from our oil-weighted, multi-play, multi-pay assets in the Permian Basin. Callon Petroleum is currently accepting resumes for a Sr. Treasury Analyst position based in the Houston, TX office. Callon Petroleum Company offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
• Set daily cash position – monitor the days cash activity and requirements and respond accordingly by investing excess
cash or borrowing to cover cash deficits. Initiate wire transfers and ACH payments as necessary.
• Reconcile and prepare daily cash report - Pull previous day bank reports and reconcile the cash report balance to the bank balance. Distribute daily report to key personnel.
• Manage electronic payment operations, deposits and disbursements.
• Maintain short term cash forecast – Update for previous day activity and coordinate with key departments such as AP, Revenue Accounting, HR for future cash requirements. Distribute to key personnel.
• Manage short-term investment portfolio as necessary for funding requirements
• Manage short term debt program utilizing the company credit facility.
• Electronic payments processing; coordinate with Accounts Payable and Revenue Accounting for ACH payments and wire transfers.
• Maintain company checks databases in Access for checks written and checks deposited
• Bank account administration; open and close bank accounts as needed, update signatories, analysis of bank fees, and respond to various bank compliance requests.
• Maintain banking relationships
• Create policy and procedure documents to assist in building a comprehensive treasury operations manual.
• Administer company credit card programs – monitor card spending and spending limits. Monitor corporate credit limit.
• Provide support for internal and external audits
• Special projects and other miscellaneous work as assigned by senior management
• Manage insurance program including handling day to day insurance request
• Manage gathering and assimilating renewal applications and required data for the insurance program as well as other projects and analysis as needed
OTHER SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access, as well as experience with
online banking platforms.
· Proficient in cash management, cash forecasting and providing financing solutions to support future growth plans.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
• The Senior Treasury Analyst will have 7+ years’ treasury, banking, and cash management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field preferred, but prior work experience
will be considered
• CTP a plus but not required.
• Must be able to work in the United States without the assistance of sponsorship.
Callon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.